Adani Godda Power Plant is one of India’s best thermal power plants ever constructed at Godda in Jharkhand. The plant was initiated with the generation of 800 MW in the first phase of its commencement. In the first phase of the work, 800 MW of electricity was generated and supplied to Bangladesh. It is estimated that the Jharkhand government will get 25 percent of the electricity from this power plant. In India’s journey towards becoming an energy-self-reliant country, Adani Godda Power Plant creates a benchmark in fulfilling India’s quest to be a consumer and an exporter. The Godda Power Plant acts as a cordial relationship builder between India and Bangladesh by exporting power supplies for their long-term relationship.
Key Points about Adani Godda Power Plant
- Adani GoddaPower Limited, a subsidiary of Adani Power, has attained the second unit of the Godda ultra-supercritical thermal power plant, displaying incredible coherence and commitment. The plant will supply 1496 MW of the net capacity power for 25 years.
- Also, the power plant was built under the agreement between the Governments of India and Bangladesh. The power plant is an ultra-super thermal plant with around Rs. 15000 crore construction cost.
- The new technology used in the power plant prevents gaseous pollution through SCR and ESP. This helps reduce potential pollution by eliminating the emissions from micro-to-macro carbon. The whole installation of the equipment and machine is estimated to be around Rs. 22,00 crores.
- The new chimney used in this plant has a height of 275 meters. Also, this device is installed to use eco-friendly FDG and SCR chemical reactions to protect the environment with power generation.
Adani Godda Power Plant
Adani Godda Power plant under Gautam Adani has emerged by putting forward India’s quest for energy self-reliance. Thus, making India a future power in producing energy and exporting it to various countries.
This bold vision has transformed India’s energy sector. Adani Power Jharkhand Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary part of the diversified Adani Group that has achieved the Commercial Operations Date of its second unit, which is the 2×800 MW Godda Ultra supercritical thermal power plant located in Godda district in Jharkhand, India. APJL is all set to supply 1496 MW net capacity power from 2×800 MW Godda USCTPP under the PPA with Bangladesh Power Development Board for 25 years through a 400 kV fully dedicated transmission system connected to the Bangladesh grid.
The power supply from the Godda Power Plant will positively impact Bangladesh’s power scenarios. At the same time, it strengthens the diplomatic relationship between India and Bangladesh, helping replace costly power generated from liquid fuel.
This would help Bangladesh to reduce the average cost of power they purchase. Adani is determined to transform India by fulfilling the energy and power needs of the country and other countries like Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, etc.
Advantages of Power Plant
- These are cost-effective.
- A considerable amount of power is generated.
- They are reliable sources of energy for handling future power requirements.
- Their technology is well-established and accessible.
The power export of Godda to Bangladesh transforms the country’s energy landscape. Power shortage issues have adversely and long affected the country, but Adani Godda Power Plant promises to eliminate reliance on costly liquid fuel-powered electricity. This change is expected to reduce Bangladesh’s national average procurement of power cost.
The Adani Godda Power Plant in Jharkhand, with a generation capacity of 1600 MW, has taken the energy sector to the next level. Its power supply initiated to Bangladesh is crucial to the company’s growth. The ties between India and Bangladesh are getting more robust, and the avenues for greater cooperation in the energy sector are also broadening.
As per Mr. SB Khyalia, CEO of Adani Power Limited, the Godda Power Plant acts as a strategic tool in India-Bangladesh’s long-term relationship; this will ease the power supply in Bangladesh, ultimately making the industries and its ecosystem more competitive and effective. This will be the most efficient and environmentally friendly thermal power plant installed in India and the south-eastern region, and it is one of the best power plants in India.
Also, the power plant is 100% Flue Gas Desulphurization, SCR, and Zero Water Discharge; the power plant is a part of the Adani Group’s plan to generate 10,000 MW of power in Jharkhand. The project’s main aim is to boost economic growth and ultimately create jobs and development in the region.
Adani Godda Power Plant is one of India’s best thermal power plants ever constructed at Godda in Jharkhand. The plant was initiated with the generation of 800 MW in the first phase of its commencement. In the first phase of the work, 800 MW of electricity was generated and supplied to Bangladesh.