If you have a PDF file from which you are unable to copy text or images just because of restrictions. Then you are on the right page because here we are going to illustrate different solutions that will let you know “How to Unlock copy protected PDF files?”.
In any document, copying plays an important role. The same thing applies to the PDF file, which is a popular format of document management. Users need to copy the data/text from PDF files and move to other places. But the issue arises when the administrator of the PDF file restricts the copying action and the users are unable to copy from PDF. You need not worry, as we are going to introduce some reliable methods to remove copy protection PDF.
Useful Article – How to Add Signature in PDF?.
Remove Content Copying Restriction from PDF
Usually, there are 2 methods present to remove copy protection from a PDF file. We are going to discuss each of them one by one.
METHOD 1. REMOVE COPY PROTECTION FROM PDF MANUALLY
Google Chrome provides the functionality to permanently remove restrictions and password from PDF files. Using this web browser, the user can efficiently unlock copy protected PDF files for free. To do so, follow these simple steps to learn “How to Unlock Copy Protected PDF”:
- Open the PDF file in Google Chrome.
- Click on the Print Option present at the top right side.
- Afterward, click on the Change button under the destination & select Save as PDF Option.
- Then enter a file name and select a location to save this PDF file.
- Now, check the permissions of this resultant PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To check the permissions of this resultant PDF file in Adobe Acrobat you need to follow these quick steps:
- Navigate to Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- After that go to the Properties >> Security >> Show Details.
Drawbacks of Manual Method
Users can easily remove the copy restriction by following the above steps. Although Google Chrome allows users to unlock secured PDF for copy-paste, it has some limitations these are as follows:
- This method can remove restrictions from a single file at a time.
- It can be only used if the Print Option is enabled or working.
This is all about how to Unlock copy-protected PDF with Reliable methods. You need to execute all the steps very carefully because are there are change of data loss.
In this write-up, I provide the answer to the query “ How to Unlock Copy Protected PDF?”. Here you found a manual solution that is a free method to remove copy restriction. Thanks for reading.