The Netgear Router must be configured so you can use it with your existing Internet Service Provider (ISP). In this post, we provide answers that will help you resolve most problems related to your www.mywifiext.net connectivity. In most cases, you do not have to configure your router. You will have to configure it to use it with a DSL or cable connection.
Case i – New Netgear models Internet with Genie Interface
- Switch on the power to your Netgear router and modem.
- You have a port called Ïnternet” on your Netgear router. Connect your modem to this using an internet cable.
- There is another port with the label “LAN” on your router. Connect your computer to this port using another ethernet cable.
- When you connect the modem to the power outlet, the lights will come on. Wait for a moment until it stabilizes.
- Switch the power on for your Netgear router and wait until the Power light becomes solid green.
- You will be able to open the login dialog box by typing the right URL.
- You might have the mywifiext URL mentioned on the label of your Netgear router. Read it to see if there is any URL given.
- The default for the router interface is Username – admin and Password – password. Use this to log in to your Genie setup wizard.
- If you see Netgear Smart Wizard instead of Netgear Genie, follow the method given below after this. You can see the Smart Wizard interface on all older router models.
- Search for the Advanced tab and click on it. On the left sidebar, you will have the Setup Wizard.
- You will be asked if you want to let Netgear detect your Internet connection. Click “Yes” and when it is complete you will see the Congratulations page.
- Use the Take me to the internet tab to check whether your mywifiext connection is working properly. You are now ready to use your Netgear router with your ISP.
Case ii – Older Netgear Models with Smart Interface
- Just as in the previous case, connect the ethernet cable to both the ports.
- Switch off the power to the computer, modem, and router and switch them back on.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes while the lights stabilize.
- Use the default login for the router. It is admin username and password for the password.
- On the left sidebar, you see Setup Wizard. Click on it and select Yes when it asks whether you want Netgear to detect Internet Connection. When you click Next, the device will take a few minutes to come through. It is detecting the internet connection so wait for 1-2 minutes.
- Here you have to select your country from the drop-down menu.
- After the internet is detected, again click Next. Now, the Netgear router will save your setting. Your router is now configured for use.
If you have any trouble during the setup or with the router, contact Support by calling their number. They will tell you what to do.